Have you ever heard the term you are what you eat? Of course you have! You know why people are still saying it? Because it is true! You fuel your body with what it needs to run a fast healthy metabolism and it will give you a fast healthy metabolism. Easy right?! No? Need some help with a few recipes? Ok, our crew here at Tonic UAE are on a mission to get you healthy and happy.
This is our first of many to come of our favorites!
Yellow Pepper Soup With Red Pepper Harissa
Ingredients you will need are;
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 yellow peppers, diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 small onion, diced
1 medium sweet potato, diced
2 cups hot reduced-salt vegetable or chicken bouillon
zest of 1 orange, grated
juice of 1 orange
freshly ground black pepper
RED PEPPER HARISSA
2 red peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
2 tomatoes, cut in half
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons no added salt tomato paste
hot chili sauce
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
flat-leaf parsley to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a nonstick saucepan over a low heat. Add the yellow peppers, carrot and onion. Cook, stirring for 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft. Add the sweet potato and bouillon. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the potato is soft. Cool slightly.
2. Transfer mixture to a food processor. Add orange zest and juice and puree. Season with black pepper. Return soup to a clean saucepan. Reheat.
3. To serve ladle soup into warm bowls and top with harissa.
1. Preheat grill to hot. Using your hands, gently flatten the red pepper and tomato halves and place skin side up on aluminum foil under the grill. Cook until skins blacken. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove skins.
2. Place pepper and tomato flesh in a food processor. Add vinegar, tomato paste, hot chili sauce, salt and black pepper. Puree and set aside until ready to serve.
3. Serve with a sprig of flat-leaf parsley.