ENERGY BALL BASE:
- 1 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats — you can also swap quick oats or a blend of half quick, half old fashioned
- 2 tablespoons "power mix-ins" — chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, or additional rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice — creamy low fat peanut butter is my go-to
- 1/3 cup sticky liquid sweetener of choice — honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mix-ins — see below for flavor options
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP:
- Any nut butter — honey, 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Peanut butter — honey, 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts, 2 tablespoons raisins
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY:
- Almond butter — or cashew butter, honey, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Replace 1/2 cup of the oatmeal with 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes — almond butter, any sweetener, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Any nut butter — any sweetener, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, ADD 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE:
- Almond butter — or cashew butter, maple syrup, 1/2 cup raisins, ADD 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl: oats, power mix-ins, nut butter, sweetener, vanilla extract, salt, mix-ins, and any other spices you'd like to add. Stir to combine. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit more oats. If it's too dry, add a bit more nut butter. It should resemble a somewhat sticky dough that holds together when lightly squeezed. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set (this will make the balls easier to roll later on).
Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and portion the dough into balls of desired size. (I use a cookie scoop to make mine approximately 1 inch in diameter). Enjoy!
- Store leftover energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- For nut allergies: In place of the almond or peanut butter, try sunflower seed butter.
Keyword: Easy Snack Recipe, No Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls