According to healthy and holistic healing anxiety is the third most common mental health issue worldwide. Doctors can prescribe medications to help us fight back and while it can be useful not everyone wants to take medications. There are natural ways to combat anxiety and one of the tastiest and healthy ways is this lavender lemonade.
Lavender Oil can be used to flavor your lemonade and you can safely extract it from the lavender bud. (See bellow for where to buy it locally in the UAE). Lavender is a wonderful herb that is used to calm the senses. You can even spray some lavender on your pillow before going to sleep. Lavender oil possesses the amazing anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifier, hypotensive and sedative properties.
Lavender oil has medicinal properties as well. It has been shown to reduce depression, improve insomnia and ease labor pains. There is even evidence to suggest that lavender oil benefits those with headaches, hangovers, sinus congestion and pain relief.
- 1 cup raw honey
- 5 cups pure water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender. Dried, organic culinary lavender
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Pour 1/2 the water into a pan and bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add honey and dried lavender. Let steep for approximately 20 minutes.
- Strain mixture and pour into larger container.
- Add lemon juice and the remaining water. Stir well.
Other great ways to can use lavender for anxiety and headaches
- Mix 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to your bath water if you have dry skin.
- Diffuse 10-12 drops of lavender into the air during your workday for natural stress relief.
- Add 2 drops of lavender per ounce of your favorite lightly scented, unrefined organic oil (like almond oil or olive oil) for a body oil with all the benefits of lavender for improving your skin, relaxing your mind, warding off insects or helping you sleep.
Lavender flowers can be purchased in Dubai from Lulucrafts Just click on the link to go to their Facebook page.